Poster Making Format Class 12th
We are sharing poster making format for Classes 11th and 12th with students who find problems while designing posters. Poster-making format is a part of writing skills and equally crucial for 12th board examinations. we are sharing the format, the point to remember while designing a poster, and some sample questions.
Poster Making Format: Introduction
A poster is a valuable means of making an announcement or appeal or creating awareness in the public interest. The political parties issue it, NGOs, Education Department, Family Welfare Department, etc.
Purpose Posters can be used for highlighting the following:
• cultural shows/exhibitions/seminars/workshops/fairs/fetes, etc.
• educational institutions and student activities
• social themes/problems
• general A poster has certain important features. These include:
• The poster should be visually attractive.
• It should contain a catchy title.
• It should contain a sketch or simple visuals to make it look attractive.
• It must have different fonts in different shapes and sizes.
• The theme/subject must come across clearly.
• Description/details related to the theme should be given.
• Essential details, e.g. date, time, venue, must be included.
• Names, i.e. issuing authority and organizers, must be mentioned.
• Attention must be paid to the organizing and sequencing of content.
• Appropriate language must be used.
• Creativity in language and design must be encouraged.
Posters recapture and recreate the basic moods and styles of three modes of communication, i.e. notices, advertisements, and invitations. Thus, they should be designed to captivate the attention of the onlookers. To achieve this, the poster must use bold and capital letters, striking designs, and ornate work. Catchy phrases and slogans are the lifelines of posters.
Poster Making Format: Important points
• Maintain brevity as there is limited space available.
• Clarity is essential to put the message across successfully.
• The poster should look attractive.
• Use visuals/pictures to create interest and get the message across. The visual/colors must add to and not detract from the message.
• Arrange content in a pleasing, readable way. The wordings of the poster should be
• The first line should introduce the purpose of the poster, e.g. A Health Mela, A
School Fete, etc.
• Mention relevant contact details.
• Include other details that would awaken the interest of the reader.
• The name and address of the issuing organization must be clear.
• Catchy slogans/captions can be used to make the message effective.
Poster Making Format Class 12th: Sample Questions
Q1. Design a poster that creates awareness to donate eyes.
Q2. Design a Poster for ‘Save Water.’
Q3. Design a Poster to create awareness about the importance of voting.
Q4. Design a poster creating awareness to save girl children.
Q5. Design a poster creating awareness about the government’s Digital India program.
We have shared Poster Making Format for class 12th students to give them the idea of designing posters and will make it easy to attempt questions in the board examinations. We have also shared some sample questions to give tips and tricks on designing a poster. Students can just take help from the above examples, and it will be beneficial for class 11th students as well.